St. David’s Foundation Community Fund established the St. David’s Neal Kocurek Scholarship to honor the vision and community spirit of its longtime CEO. A natural mentor, Kocurek was an advisor to many Austin school superintendents and educators. The scholarships are awarded to students who exemplify Neal Kocurek’s leadership and commitment to community. Financial need and scholastic merit will be considered in the review process. We have awarded 508 Neal Kocurek scholarships since the program’s inception in 2005, and 57 were awarded in 2018.
St. David's Neal Kocurek Scholarships are for:
- High school seniors graduating from Travis, Hays, Williamson, Bastrop, or Caldwell counties
- Students pursuing health care professions
- Up to $7,500 per year for up to four years undergraduate and up to four years graduate studies and medical school at Texas colleges and universities, and up to $4,000 a year at Texas community colleges
- Expenses such as tuition, fees, books and medical supplies
- Financial need considered in the application process. Proof of family income is required.
The scholarships are for students interested in pursuing health care professions, including but not limited to: Biomedical Engineer, Dental Assistant, Physician’s Assistant, Radiation Oncologist, Nurse, Dentist, Optometrist, Clinical Laboratory Technologist